Under the oversight of the Associate Dean of Student and Faculty Affairs, the Director of Career Services oversees all aspects of the Office of Career Services which provides strategic direction for the career development and success of all students and alumni including job placement opportunities. This position oversees at least three staff members and is responsible for creating and maintaining strategic relationships across campus with faculty, staff, administrators, and students, as well as external relationships with employers for the purpose of preparing students to succeed in the workplace.
Career Services Oversight and Supervision
- Establish Strategic Operating Plans, measuring performance that drives strategic decision-making and prioritization.
- Stay informed of current career issues, effective practices, and job market trends to develop initiatives that have the potential to positively impact students and alumni career outcomes.
- Manage team consisting of at least three staff members (hiring, training, supervision, and team development) emphasizing a culture of collaboration, integrity, quality, continuous improvement, and service.
- Ensure the compliance with department policies and procedures and their systematic review and update
Internal and External Collaboration
- Educate faculty and campus staff on career development best practices resulting in an integration of career development in the classroom and co-curricular activities in collaboration with the Academic Affairs Committee.
- Regularly present various career development and advancement topics and/or overall career services updates to students, staff, faculty, Board members, and committees.
- Establish a positive rapport and maintain mutually beneficial relationships between SCIT and employers.
Assessment and Data Analysis
- Oversee the collection, analysis, and distribution of career surveys and other assessments in collaboration with the CIE department.
- Regularly reports to appropriate stakeholders and continually evaluates career outcomes to guide strategic planning and interventions.
- Systematically evaluate current processes, CS performance, and resources to identify improvement needs related to trends in career development.
- Provide career advising to a limited caseload as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of best practices and career advising topics, overseeing the development of effective and updated resources in collaboration with staff.
- Oversee CS Staff’s presentations and career development topics to students in person and virtually.
- Oversee the selection, implementation, and management of technology systems used for within the office of Career Services.
- Marketing and Communications: Develop ongoing marketing plans for web, print, email, social media, and other communication channels in collaboration with the marketing department.
- Oversee budgets and stay within designated parameters.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Serve as a member of the Academic Affairs Committee’s subcommittee(s).
- Engage actively with Student Services to assess student trends, campus climate issues, and the needs of different student communities to develop innovative and responsive programs and services.
- Bachelor's Degree (Master's Preferred) in Education, Psychology, Business or Management related field of study.
- At least three (3) years of experience in higher education, preferably in Career Development, or a complimentary employer setting.
- Demonstrated experience in the successful completion of multiple significant projects and responsibilities.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience collecting and analyzing comprehensive assessments and making data-based decisions.
- Display a team-oriented approach, exceptional social interaction skills, and a positive attitude.
- Professional in all aspects of the position including professional appearance, demeanor, and attitude.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work a flexible schedule.